Home Selling Process
Selling your property can be a daunting task. Turn your worries over to LNY Properties to streamline the process, ensure that everything is completed as quickly and efficiently as possible. Here’s an overview of the steps we’ll be taking along the way.
Determining Value of a Property
- Pricing your home properly from the start is the deciding factor on how long it will take to sell it.
- Location is the single most important factor in determining the value of your property.
- The condition of the property affects the price and the speed of the sale. As prospective buyers often make purchases based on emotion, first impressions are important. LNY Properties will be able to help in optimizing the physical appearance of your home to maximize the buyer’s perception of value.
- Competition – Prospective buyers are going to compare your property – both the condition and the price – to the other listings in and around your neighborhood. Those buyers will determine value, based on properties that are listed or have recently sold in your area.
- Timing – Property values are affected by the current real estate market. Because we can’t manipulate the market, we’ll collaborate on a pricing and marketing strategy that will take advantage of the first 30 days your property is listed. It’s the window of opportunity when buyers and their agents discover your property and are most likely to visit and make offers.
Communication makes all the difference
- Up to date information on behind the scenes while your property is listed
- Solicit feedback from each consumer and agent who views your property, passing their comments on to you, and implementing any possible changes
- Work together to formulate a price strategy that sees us through your listing period
- Receive regular progress reports, delivered as frequently and in the method you request
Preparing for success – Prepare your home for the sale
- Evaluate the current state of your property
- Identify any repairs or improvements needed to maximize your home’s appeal and value
- Recommend cost effective ways to prepare your home for sale
- When everything is in place, we will put a lockbox on your property
Marketing Your Property
- Promote your property online, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube etc.
- Schedule professional photo shoot of your home
- Create virtual tour
- Schedule open houses
- Yard signs
- Professionally designed information sheets/home brochures
- Input listing into Multiple Listing Service (MLS)
- Provide report to seller
- Secure/screen potential buyers
Coordinating Your Sale to a Successful Closing
- Pre-qualify all potential buyers
- Present and review all offers with you
- Negotiate the details of the offer with the cooping agent
- Schedule survey, appraisal, inspection and closing
- Review HUD 1 Settlement Statement to ensure accuracy
- Finally closing!!!
- The buying market has a short attention span
- Pricing your home right the first time is key
- Proper pricing attracts buyers
- An overpriced house will not sell
- We want to generate offers before the market moves on to newer listings